Courtesy of @mvlabat (also https://twitter.com/mvlabat), we proudly announce our 4th showcase game, Grumpy Visitors! It's a top-down 2D action arcade game, highly inspired by an old classic called Evil Invasion.
The game already boasts quite a few features, one of which is multiplayer support. @mvlabat has been an immense help to the Amethyst networking team by providing a real world test case. A lot of credit goes to Vladyslav for informing our recent network rewrite alongside several improvements to Laminar.
Current game features
- Casting a spell (homing missile red dot)
- Spawning monsters
- Monster AI (actually just randomly walking around the map and starting to chase a player if they're close enough)
- Character moving
- Sprite animations
- Custom shaders (health HUD)
- Menu states and transitions
- Campaign and survival modes
- Character development system with persistent progress between levels
- Co-op multiplayer (up to 4? players)
If this sounds like a project you might be interested in contributing to, here's how to get started.